The first step in improving your business is to analyze the problem. You need to know where you are so that you can create a route to where you want to be. We can help you figure out:
- What areas of your business are not efficient?
- If you have a documented process in this area, does it work well?
- If not, what is the inherent process that you follow, with or without realizing it?
- Do you track your performance in this area? Are you tracking the right indicators?
- Where are the weak areas in your process?
- Are there parts of your process that can be automated and does it make sense to do so?
Once you know where you are, you need to know where you want to go. Often your destination is defined in terms of the indicators that you track. Here are some examples of Key Performance Indicators that you could track in different areas of your business.
Process Definition and Plan
Once you know where you are, what the weaknesses are in your process, what indicators you need to track, and where you want to be, the next step is to define a process that can get you there. We can help you:
- Define a process and workflow that makes sense for your business.
- Document that process.
- Train your staff to use the process. In addition, it is a good idea to schedule a refresher training to ensure that the process is being followed and any questions are answered.
- Create a plan with milestones to make sure that the process is doing what it was designed to do.
Continuous Tracking and Improvement
Processes are not static. As a business owner you know that business is never static. Your business needs to adapt to the ever changing business environment. Tracking the right indicators will let you know when your process is not meeting expectations. You may need to make modifications to the process or redesign it.